Thursday 6 March 2014

Mail love of the knitted variety!


Mail love of the knitted variety!

So you know how I am on a swap ban? WELL, I have two swaps still going that were both organised around Xmas time that are totally tiding me over! I like the way I think, love getting around those self-set rules. =P
So anyway, one of these swaps just came to an end...and this beautiful package of knitted goodness arrived from the lovely catpants and took my breath away! We pretty much did a stalking-esque knitted goods for sewn goods swap, with other bits and bobs thrown in. I only just sent my package (almost two weeks late, eep, naughty) but hopefully it will get there soon because of lovely Express international.So Ms C did a GREAT job on my Wists! She made me a one skein wonder , woohoo! And you'll also notice that this package consists of the most lovely dusty greyish blues which I described and she TOTALLY read my mind in the colour department with her beautiful yarn choices...
ANYHOO, do you know how hard it is to take a photograph of your own back!? Sheesh. So shoulder action shots will have to do. I absolutely adore it.
And THEN...another shrug! I am such a shrug freak, this one is from my wists too! And on Craftster. I am so, so, so lucky...this one is also such a gorgeous blue/grey, and the yarn is so soft. It closes with a cute button brooch! I am totally wearing this when I'm on the desk shift in the library, very quirky librarian-esque no?
Please ignore the crazy pineapple hair...I've had to go curly for the past few weeks as I have massive blonde regrowth and no money, waves seem to stop people staring at the top of my head while they talk to me.
Manon: Do you like my horns? Oh, I mean...my cat ears? *cough*
Manon was totally spoiled too! She got the most adorable kitty hat, ALSO from my Wists...in Blythe version! (how on earth? You knitters amaze me) She also got a shrug of her own, ha! And a gorgeous scarf. She is very pleased, she also now loves catpants better than she loves me because one lazy person hasn't made her any clothes yet =P
Now excuse the crappy picture of the LOVELY slippers! The only place light enough to take pics at the moment is on the washing machine, so here is me perched on top of said washing machine trying to a) Not break it. b) Not fall off and c) Take rocking piccy of slippers! They are SO soft and squishy, love this yarn to bits! These are also from my Wists!
And then, a fan-freaking-tastic pink and white cotton grocery bag, I am in LOVE with this. I have wanted one for so long and Ms smarty pants stalker didn't even know! =P
And then probably the most stunning pieces of jewellery ever, this gorgeous cluster ring (I love cluster rings!), which is my first, it is so beautiful and tres comfy. And these absolutely smashing earrings with gorgeous little hummingbirds, chain and beautiful beads...never taking these off!
And wonderful studs encompassing the love of red and buttons! And the most GORGEOUS, gorgeous napkin holders from knitted wire and beads, aren't they divine!? I could stare at these all day.
Thank you so much Ms catpants for being a super duper wonderful swap partner! I only hope you like your package half as much as I love yours (piccies to come when it arrives!). And I totally blame you (and esmerelda) for my new addiction to yarn, crochet, knitting and spinning. :P
In other news...Crazy Aunt Purl wrote a book! This is the girl that has made me say 'y'all' ALL the time (which sounds mighty out of place in Australia), makes me spit out my tea in the mornings when I read her blog and makes me happy by posting ten trillion cat pictures with hilarious captions...I can't WAIT.
Also Mr M has informed me that I say the words 'freaking' and 'eep!' too much on the blog, and that I should let you all (y'aaallllll) know that I am really a big gutter mouth in real life and don't really use these sanitised versions of spee-king. He obviously is never around when the mail comes because there really is a lot of eeping coming out of my mouth. So get freaked Mr M =P
What else?...The next post will be full to the brim of yarn, fiber and spinning pr0n, woot! I took lots of yummy pics today, can't wait to show you...

No comments:

Post a Comment